Design & Technology
Tell me and I forget – Show me and I may remember – Let me do it and I learn.
Design and Technology involves applying knowledge and skills when designing and making products. The activities undertaken will enable our children to consider the needs of individuals and society within a caring community. Undertaking design and technology activities in school will give our children opportunities to use a range of materials and processes; to explore, evaluate and amend ideas; and to build on their skills for both independent learning and team work. The activities undertaken during their time at Carr Head will also reflect the children’s local environment and support them in the wider world.
Design and Technology will offer opportunities for children to:
- Develop their designing and making skills.
- Develop teamwork skills and listen to others’ opinions.
- Develop knowledge and understanding.
- Develop their capability to create high quality products through combining their designing and making skills with knowledge and understanding.
- Nurture creativity and innovation through designing and making ·
- Explore values about and attitudes to the made world and how we live and work in it.
- Develop an understanding of technological processes, products, their manufacture and contribution to society.
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.